National Legal Aid Council, Moldova
The National Legal Aid Council (NLAC or National Council) with its Territorial Offices (5 throughout Moldova) is the main main body administering the legal aid system in Moldova. The Ministry of Justice is the policy making body in the field. The Bar Association cooperates with the NLAC for ensuring the delivery of legal aid.
National Council is a collegial body with the status of a legal person of public law, formed of 7 members as follows:
• 2 members appointed by the Ministry of Justice,
• 2 members appointed by the Bar Association,
• 1 member appointed by the Ministry of Finance,
• 1 member appointed by the Supreme Council of Magistrates,
• 1 member chosen from the nongovernmental sector or academia.
NLAC’s activity is regulated by the Regulation on National Legal Aid Council, approved by the Minister of Justice order nr. 18 of 24.01.2008, published in MO nr. 21-24/49 of 01.02.2008.
For further information about the NLAC and the legal aid system of Moldova in general please visit http://www.cnajgs.md/.